Memorial Day Bike Run Coming to Lake Elsinore
Post Date: 05/20/2019 9:25 AM
West Coast Thunder, The LARGEST Memorial Day Bike Run west of the Mississippi is back for their 20th Anniversary. Thousands of motorcycle riders will line Indiana Avenue to help us honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so everyone may enjoy our many freedoms here at home. Ride will end at the West Coast Thunder Tribute Concert venue, the Lake Elsinore Storm Stadium!
Register for Bike Run: https://reg.planetreg.com/E11112342114294
Find out more and buy tickets at https://www.westcoastthunder.com/home or https://reg.planetreg.com/E218104514114906
Due to the Event, Road Closures will Occur on Monday, May 27th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Main Street and Central Avenue. Please review the road closure maps: Download Here
Hard Road Closures in the City:
1. Wasson Canyon Road at Central Avenue
2. Trellis Lane at Central Avenue
3. Ardenwood Way at Central Avenue
4. Allan Street at Central Avenue
5. Central Avenue at Dexter Avenue
6. Central Avenue at Collier Avenue
7. All Downtown intersections along Main Street
8. Lakeshore Drive (EB) at Short Street
9. Campbell Street at Diamond Drive
10. Central Avenue Interchange Ramps
11. Main Street/ I-15 Interchange Ramps
Soft Road Closures will be manned by CHP or Sheriff Department to facilitate ingress/egress.:
1. Riverside Street at Central Avenue
2. Rosetta Canyon Drive at Central Avenue
3. Conard Avenue at Central Avenue
4. Cambern Avenue at Central Avenue
5. Dexter Avenue at Central Avenue (limited movements)
6. Pete Lehr at Diamond Drive
7. Malaga Road at Diamond Drive
Detours: Residents are urged to avoid Central Avenue and Main Street during this time. Detours are listed below.
Residents east of Main Street are encouraged to use Franklin Street and the Railroad Canyon Road interchange for freeway access. Residents west of Main Street are encouraged to use Collier Avenue and the Nichols Road interchange for freeway access. Residents in the Avenues area are encouraged to use Auto Center Drive and avoid Lakeshore Drive.
Intersection closures may be intermittent depending on the continuity of the motorcycle procession. Traffic will be allowed through at soft closure locations as needed. Traffic signals along the route will be on flashing red operation and manned by law enforcement. CHP and Sheriff Department will be riding with the procession and facilitating access for driveways and small streets along the route.
9:11 AM: Parade Departs Riverside Harley-Davidson
9:30 AM: Ticket Booth Opens at Diamond Stadium
10 AM - 12 PM: Bikes Arrive. Community invited to come out and dine downtown to see the riders come through Main Street. It is sure to be a loud yet unique experience.
10:45 AM: WCT Welcome & Introductions Presentation of Colors
11:00 AM: Michael Austin Pre-Show Opener
12:00 PM: Tucker Beathard Performs
12:35 PM: West Coast Thunder Color Guard performs the Ultimate Sacrifice Ceremony
1:00 PM: Randy Houser Performs
2:30 PM: Announcements, Opportunity Drawing, and Closing Ceremony
3:00 PM: Event Ends